Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 21

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! I have a lot to get done between now and then, namely learn how to cook a turkey. {yikes!} I knew I should have bought turkey pot pies for backup!


This week should go along nicely with the festivities. "Unleash you inner strengths." Maybe hidden inside I have a strength for cooking turkey? I can only hope. Ugh this is stressing me out. But I just watched a bunch of turkey cooking videos on Youtube (thanks Alton Brown!) and I think I can do it! I think what I'll also do to do this challenge is try to keep focused on the positive things going on right now. I think that will help my strengths come out instead of being focused on my weaknesses. Anyway, there is probably a lot more I could say about this, but I have to go brine a turkey!

Oh! Speaking of good things going on, Kyle finished turning in grad school applications yesterday! And Christmas is coming! Have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I want to try to cook a turkey like Alton. Not this week though! I'm just hoping my sweet potatoes don't flop. I am trying his cranberry dipping sauce recipe. Let me know how the turkey turns out!

Kathryn said...

The turkey was great! How did your sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce fare?