Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 14

Things have been busy! My parents were in town for a convention and I went to a conference at BYU about Europe. One of my goals is to get more involved in politics/world affairs so I don't create a bubble around myself and drift into ignorance. Anyway, on to this week's challenge!


This week is "Never give up on what you want." Well, I'm not sure what I want. Life is still super fluid at this point. Our plans aren't made very far in advance because they could change at any moment. Before I give away all the secrets of my life, I just want to say that it is good to have the reminder to not give up. So, if you're thinking about quitting remember to keep your sights on the end goal even though the every day drudge is bogging you down. I thought about just stopping writing and doing this weekly challenge thing. It's a self-inflicted project that only three or four people read (thanks Megan, Jenn, and Kyle!). But the end goal is happiness and greater satisfaction with myself. So I'm going to keep doing it even though I don't have much time and I feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes. I won't give up, so you shouldn't too!

General Conference is this weekend and it will be good to listen to the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They frequently answer questions that we have in our hearts and say what we need to hear (even if we may not want to hear it). We are blessed to have the true Gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the earth and living prophets who guide us. It will be fantastic. Have a great week!

No comments: