Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 17

Such a fun week! We (not in any particular order) ushered for "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" at BYU, went to the BYU Political Affairs Society Oktoberfest, celebrated a neighbor's birthday, and carved pumpkins with our neighbors. The holidays are upon us and I am loving it! Pictures to follow!


Okay, so this week's challenge is "Quit a bad habit. Quiet your mind." Yikes! Well, seems pretty self-explanatory. I have lots of bad habits, which I won't air out here. It will take awhile to quit them but with the help of President Uchtdorf's words from General Conference a few months ago I may be able to do it. Simply put, his advice is to "Stop it!" He was talking about gossiping mainly but it can apply to anything we are doing that we shouldn't be. The thing I've heard about bad habits though is that instead of just trying to stop cold turkey, you need to replace the habit with something else. Haha, watch the video below. Actually just the first joke will do, but the rest is really funny too.



Anyway, to accomplish both of these challenges, I really just have to put my mind to it and do it. And that's that. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be free of bad habits! (or have developed new ones :) ) Have a great week!

No comments: