Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 16

Oh man, last week was crazy. There were good times and difficult times. Just glad that it's over! Highlight of the week was going to my friend's baby shower and it basically being a reunion of my last ward. It was so much fun! It was cool to see how we've all grown up since most of us have kids now or are expecting soon. Anyway, on to the challenge!

 This week is "Pray. Paint. Play an instrument." I really need to get better at praying, so this will be a good reminder to work on that. I've been thinking lately that I also need to learn how better to pray and ask for things from Heavenly Father. I can't remember if it was in church or a stake conference a few weeks ago but I really liked what one woman said. She said that when we are going through a trial, instead of praying for our circumstances to change we should pray to change to fit our circumstances. For example, instead of praying for a test or a paper to get cancelled at school, we should ask for our minds to learn the material better and be inspired, or something. Basically, we shouldn't be upset about things we can't change but should find joy in them instead. Easier said than done, but do it anyway!

As for the other challenges, it'll be a busy week, so they may need to wait until I have more time. I still have the materials from my last painting class and a few months ago I bought some online piano lessons that I have yet to do. So these parts of the challenge are doable once I can prioritize them. Good luck! I hope you are having a great week!

No comments: