Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our little garden

We have a couple of window boxes in which we planted some stuff. We've also gotten to harvest some stuff!
Strawberries!
My big, strong hunter gatherer
 We also have a tomato plant that produced a lot of flowers but no fruit until May 23rd when I saw...
 Since then, the plant has just exploded with fruit--we have over twenty tomatoes! Unfortunately they're all green. Except the other day I noticed our first little tomato...
It's red! Well, orange. But it will be red soon! Then we shall feast! Well, it's only about the size of a golf ball. But it's ours and it's cute! The strawberry plant only produced four berries. I'm really bad at remembering to water the plants so I think it's almost dead. The tomato plant is alive and well though. So is our geranium. The ranuncula we had died and I guess I didn't get any pictures of it.
This is almost exactly what ours looked like. Yellow too. *sniff* It's my favorite flower. 

Anyway, things are blooming in the Jepson home!
 
Photo credit here.

No comments: