Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Creativity update

Per last week's happiness challenge, I made what seems like a lot of stuff. Here are some pictures!

The most actively creative thing I did was sign up and take a painting class at my local Michael's craft store. It looks so good!

We had some icing we needed to finish off and I wanted chocolate so voila! Homemade oreos! Super easy recipe too: 1 18.25 oz box Devil's food cake mix, 1/2 cup shortening, and 2 eggs. Mix it all together, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, cool, then frost, then eat :) So good!

 Not really a creation, but our tomatoes are doing well.

 Our harvest!

 Delicious! I was proud of myself for making this up. Vegetable pasta with a white cheese sauce and our tomatoes on top. It was fun to eat something we had grown ourselves.

 Kyle and I and some friends of ours went on a date to the pottery studio I frequent. These are the results of our labors! Michael and Chelsie made the cup and the vase, respectively. Not bad for their first time! I did the bowl and the pitcher. Fun fun!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks great Katie! I'm jealous of your tomatoes. I don't remember to water ours, so they always die off. Luckily strawberries are basically weeds, so they don't die if I miss watering them!

Thanks for the shoes! I wore them on Sunday.

Kathryn said...

That's really funny because I forget to water the plants too and our strawberry plant died but the tomatoes are doing great!

I'm glad you got them! Do you like them? Do they fit?