Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 9 & 10

So we've moved! We're all unpacked too but things are still on the floor next to the walls because we need more storage and furniture. We also haven't had internet this whole time which is why I haven't been updating my blog. So this week is two posts in one to get us caught up!

 
Last week's challenge was "Ignite your passions." At the beginning of the week, it seemed that everyone else around me was being helpful by igniting my anger passions! (smog guy, moving drama, etc.) But! Last Saturday, before the week was up, I went to the pottery studio and threw for like 8 hours. My passions are burnt out. I was trying to use up the rest of my clay because the clay bags got holes in them during the move. About 15-20 pounds of clay later, I have three pots. My arms ached and my whole body hurt. (*sneeze* ow my bones!) I still need to trim them sometime this week. I'm feeling fine now, but Saturday was like taking my passion and dousing it with gasoline.

In other news, I've been trying to do more interior design stuff and got a catalog for an interior design correspondence course. As fun as it sounds, I probably won't do it for a while because it's a lot of money and I want to see if I'm even good at interior design first. But we got a catalog in the mail for community classes from UVU! Definitely going to do a bunch of those. Super excited. Especially since they have a carpentry class, which is something Kyle has been wanting to do for a while now. So, we'll be busy!

Anyway, this week's challenge is "Jump through your comfort zone." I guess step one for this one is figuring out what things make me uncomfortable and how to get over those. Things that top the list are talking to strangers and talking in public. Strangers are now my neighbors and people at church. Maybe I will go to that activity this week to meet more people. Then they can get to know how fantastic I am! :)

And here's a spiritual thought because it's been on my mind lately. Have a great week!



No comments: