Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 6

 
Nothing much has been happening this past week. Well, I guess stuff has happened. We went to a HumorU show and a show at a small independent theatre ("The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged"--if you haven't seen it, do. It's hilarious!). My work schedule for the fall has been finalized and our application for an apartment in Provo is being looked over. Oh and I started making a tiered treat stand with plates and candlestick holders. It's going to be really cute when it's done! And I cleaned tidied our apartment. So...I guess that's my definition of "nothing."

I've been running and stretching {almost} daily! Since I started running over a month ago, my mile time started at 9:27 then peaked at 10:09 then was 9:41 today (my fastest time was 9:13!) So while my time hasn't been improving much since when I started, my heart rate (beats per minute) has been decreasing, which is a more important indicator of heart improvement for me. I'm looking forward to when my mile is under 8 minutes and I'm not dying at the end of it!

Anyway, this week's challenge is "Feel your emotions. Face fear." I think acknowledging my emotions and what is triggering them will be my focus this week. For instance, I've noticed that I get really upset with myself when I spend a lot of time doing nothing--like Facebook--on the computer. So I've been trying to not get on the computer as much when I'm at home to alleviate the potentiality of a time-vortex eating my day. Hopefully, more productivity=me being less upset=win for everyone.

As for fear-facing, that may come if our application is accepted and we have the option to sign a lease for an apartment. I don't really want to stay in Provo since neither of us work in Provo. But maybe there is a reason we are supposed to stay? Throughout the apartment searching process I have been trying to feel my emotional reaction to different places. So far there have been only subtle bad feelings but nothing that feels right. We're looking at another apartment tomorrow and I hope I get some sort of feeling about it. Otherwise Provo may be it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I've seen that show, I think on Netflix. I was looking forward to Much Ado About Nothing, and then they condensed the four plays together. It was funnier that way, though.

Good job sticking with running!

And, to reply to your question a couple weeks back, the shoes fit perfectly! They were perfect. Thanks again for passing them along.

I've been sewing a little while studying, it's been fun. I'm having a hard time with the lapped zipper (I can't picture how it's supposed to work, and I hate messing it up because stuff lays funny after unpicking).

Anyway, I'll end the long comment now. Maybe I should have emailed you instead!

Megan said...

PS Jason's at EFY, have you seen him?

Kathryn said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like the shoes! No problem :)

Lapped zippers are kindof tricky. what do you need help with?

Jason just left last night. He stayed with us Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We got to have dinner with Mark and Dixie and all their kids on Sunday so that was nice.