Thursday, August 9, 2012

Personal Happiness project: week 7

Ugh, I am so tired this week. My brother was in town and staying in our house (read: our bedroom) until Tuesday, which explains my tardiness in writing. It has been really hot lately also, like 80 degrees at night, and there may have been another wildfire nearby. Anyway, whine-time done.


This week's challenge is "Go outside and observe nature. Give." Oh! Follow-up about last week's challenge: We decided on an apartment and are signing the contract today! I think I (and Kyle) did a good job feeling our emotions as we looked at apartments. We were deciding between an apartment in Provo and an apartment in Pleasant Grove. Well, technically two in Pleasant Grove but they were both in the same 4-plex and we had only seen one. The PG apartment was available now, whereas the Provo apartment was not available until the 28th. Our current contract ends on the 23rd, so that decided the city. On Tuesday, we looked at the other apartment in PG and decided we liked first one we saw and are signing the contract today.

I'm excited about it but scared to be committed to something (yes, I am the committment-phobe in the marriage). But we both feel really good about it and I think the neighbors are nice. It will be an adventure! It's the second move in our marriage, but this one is scarier because we're leaving behind some really good friends. They'll only be like 20 minutes away, but we had a hard time keeping in contact with people who lived just down the street! Luckily I'll be moving with my buddy Kyle so it won't be lonely :)

Anyway, so this week I will work on observing nature as I'm packing up and moving. Our ward is having a campout this weekend, which will be totally fun and a great chance to observe the world that Heavenly Father created for us through His son Jesus Christ. I will also try to be unselfish as I'm moving and give to those around me. This one will be tough because our current apartment is so small that I've already pared our belongings down pretty well. Maybe I'll focus on serving others since we'll be the recipients of lots of service when we move next week. We'll see how things go. Have a great week!


No comments: