Monday, January 21, 2013

A momentous occasion

Today is a pretty significant day. It is the second inauguration of President Obama and it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Which says to me that the President's inauguration speech ought to be really good. Like really good. Like the-first-black-president-being-inaugurated-again-on-the-observation-of-the-founder-of-the-Civil-Rights-movement good. I didn't get to see the speech, but I have high expectations nonetheless.

Also, today means that four years ago, I was in Scotland doing my internship in the Scottish Parliament. Wow, time flies! After work we all sat in the Member's bar and watched the first inauguration of President Obama. Everyone was really excited to see him become president. Frankly, I was too. Let's see what the next four years have in store!*

*I am refraining from making this a political post because whether you like it or not, he is the President and that should engender some respect.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I am refraining from making this a political comment, but you should know I love you!

I wrote you this micropoem:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
you give me faith in humanity

Kathryn said...

word *snap snap snap*